CAN EVERYONE IN TEEN WOLF JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER
like seriously can we get all these idiots in a room, sit them in a circle and make them talk
Sure, although the Teen Wolf characters have much better reasons not to talk to each other than do characters on most shows.
- For one thing, the incredibly compressed timeline of the first two seasons—keep in mind that seasons one and two take place in matter of what, a couple months? All of season two takes place in “a few weeks”.
- Allison and Scott have actual, serious communication barriers to deal with. They’ve had to meet secretly in the woods, or have Stiles pass messages. And with Allison now actively avoiding Scott et al, no communication is happening at all.
- Jackson has only been aware of his mind-controlled-killer-lizard problem for a short time, and it seems unlikely that Danny would be able to help out—why involve him? Avoidance does seem to be a winning strategy here. Avoid people; avoid killing people. \o/
- Everyone, including Lydia, initially thought she was suffering from PTSD, not dead werewolf possession. And with the Argents actively maiming, terrorizing and attempting to kill everyone involved with the supernatural goings on, keeping her (and others) in the dark, must have seemed like the thing to do. Sure it’s sketch to deny her agency, but it wouldn’t have been tactically foolish if she wasn’t possessed.
- Derek doesn’t talk to anyone, ever, about anything. It’s his thing and he’s rocking it.
Anyway, this is all to say that I don’t find the lack of communication on Teen Wolf to be especially contrived. It all makes plot and character sense to me.