I wish more science fiction was science-y.
I’m not a hard SF snob, but so much of what passes for SF these days (come on, Stargate?) is really bad
space gadget opera melodrama. Science fiction, in addition to having robots, rayguns and possibly attractive people in silver bathing suits, contain at least one big idea. One fascinating, brain twisting quandary. One hint of the almost-possible, the soon-to-be-possible. Even if it’s a bad big idea.
Give me something to chew on here, people.
5 Notes/ Hide
- jouncealimb likes this
- baconfairy reblogged this from tammalee
- tammalee reblogged this from thewherefores and added:
- newrulesnewlife reblogged this from thewherefores and added:
- carlosadama said: The moon is a harsh mistress… you have physics about living in mars, politics, alternative family organizations, AI, gravity as a weapon…
- thewherefores posted this